Friday, February 2, 2007

We told ya'll pork was from the devil...

My family does not eat pork. I used to be a vegetarian (over 11 years) and quite frankly it makes me physically ill if I eat it now. My children know we do not eat meat and for the most part my sweetie doesn't partake of the swine either. Now, all of you that know about the Black Muslim faith, know that pork is just another way "The Man" tries to keep us down. And this my friends is the final proof. My girl, Jennifer at The Lactivist is being threatened by the National Pork Board.

Really? Have they nothing to do but threaten a mother with a hobby breastfeeding support blog?

I actually read the letter they sent to her and this is the part that really ticks me off:
"In addition, your use of this slogan also tarnishes the good reputation of the National Pork Board's mark in light of your apparent attempt to promote the use of breastmilk beyond merely for infant consumption,..."

What? Huh? So okay, fine we can breastfeed but God forbid you joke about it, have a good time or make a statement while doing it. My six year old could read those shirts and get the joke. She wouldn't think I was inviting grown men to take a sip! Give me a break. Besides, go to any mall and you'll see 15 teenagers wearing parody name brand slogan shirts that insinuate improper behavior. No one seems to care about that. Of course, why would pork want to be compared to something as healthy as breastfeeding? After all, breastfeeding is disgusting and dirty and needs to be covered, right? It's not FOOD! Oh, wait, it is food. For crying out loud!

Just another instance of the Devil (big PORK business) trying to keep us (in this case women) down.

They need to get a grip and get a life.

Peace.

No comments: